Cary Garden Club of North Carolina
This club was organized on May 15, 1958, under the name "Montclair Park Garden Club" with dues of $2.75/year. It was a member of a council of local garden clubs known as "Cary's Garden Club". The club became federated by joining the Garden Club of North Carolina in June 1959 and won its' first Distinguished Service award for helping to establish furniture for the 1958 new permanent home of the National Garden Club in St. Louis, Missouri. In 1960, the club officially became the CARY GARDEN CLUB. The members designated the Rose as its official club flower with white and green as official club colors. For many years all the meetings were held in members' homes. In 2009 the club moved its' meetings to the Cary Senior Center with the more central location in Bond Park, a large parking lot and handicapped accessibility. September 2016 we move into a larger space here to accomodate our growing membership. Annual dues for membership in the amount of $41 are payable each March 1st (dues are half for those joining after Sept. 1). This also provides membership at the state level (Garden Club of North Carolina, Inc.), regionally (The South Atlantic Region) and nationally (The National Garden Clubs, Inc.).
To promote the love of gardening, floral design, civic and environmental responsibility and engage in community service.